About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Friday, May 17, 2013

Women as Public Figures: Why it Doesn't Work



By Tiberge
writer at GalliaWatch

Pamela Geller is a self-infatuated egoist, even if she does some good. I'm often repelled by those who cannot resist showing off while they serve a worthy cause. This often creates dissent within the group serving the same cause, and does harm ultimately to the cause. An excellent example recently in France has been the outrageous behavior of Frigide Barjot (a.k.a. Virginie Merle) who has ostentatiously displayed sympathy for homosexuals to the point where she has accused the traditionalists and the Front National of being "fachos" and "extremists". She highjacked the cause of anti-gay marriage for her own self-serving ends. This has not gone unnoticed or uncriticized, and I believe she may have a lesser role to play now in the Manif Pour Tous. I have written about her and her movement here.

As for Diana West, I'm sorry she was not able to see herself more objectively. I like her, but she showed too much leg and the shoes were ugly as well (the shoes they wear today are beyond hideous). So she asked for it. I assume that a woman looks carefully at herself in a full-length mirror while preparing for a TV interview and perceives the dangers of a mini- skirt. But, the problem is that she doesn't see the problem, since she (like most women) want to be in vogue.

It's difficult to criticize a person's appearance. I feel uncomfortable doing it, so I keep it to a minimum. Lawrence Auster did it all the time, and sometimes I felt he went much too far, attributing an entire gamut of psychological traits to a person based on one photo. I would not do that, except perhaps in the case of a known criminal. In the case of Deneuve I was more critical of her thoughts that then ricocheted back onto her face revealing something not so beautiful. But that was a subjective criticism on my part - she was still beautiful in the plastic sense.

I presume you have heard about the monstrous Angelina Jolie. She has been a self-mutilating maniac from the beginning with her tattoos and drugs, etc... Now she is the martyr of the pink-ribbon girls. The medical profession and the so-called scientists will have their place in Hell. Here is an article I found of interest:

The thought that other impressionable women will imitate her is horrific.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted BY: Kidist P. Asrat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------