About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Monday, November 4, 2013

Crass Culture


The lovely Richtree Natural Market Restaurant

A couple of days ago, I went to the nearby food court in the mall (I rarely go there since the atmosphere is unpleasant, with people chewing loudly, talking loudly, and generally looking unpleasant).

I went to the "hot meal" section, and ordered a dish of meetballs. The server put it on a nice, white (restaurant-style) plate. As she placed the food, some sauce dripped on the side. She ignored this (or didn't "see" this), and proceeded to give me the plate. I asked her for something to clean the side with. I didn't want the dripping to dirty my sweater as I carried the tray. Another "server" handed me a wad of paper towel. I cleaned the plate, and looked for someone to hand the dirty paper to. Both had left. The original server was further back, chatting with other servers. I called out "Excuse me," but there was no response.

I then threw the dirty paper across the glass counter. I don't even know if it landed on some food. At this point, the server comes rushing along, to pick it up. I don't know what she said as I left.

This server is Chinese, or possibly Philipino. My rough reaction was due to my repeated encounters with "Asians" and a certain sub-par level of behavior.

I was vindicated in the check-out line a little later on. A Chinese couple skipped in front of a white woman who was standing in line before me. I'm not sure if it was deliberate aggression, although I think it was more a lack of realization of what is going on. The woman politely asked them that there were others there before them (including me). They moved to the back, which was behind me.

I turned around to look at this couple. They looked like they newly arrived from China. They were wearing the cheap, synthetic coats that are always marked "Made in China." The woman had very short hair, and it was difficult to distinguish her from the man she was with.

I turned back to pay for my meal.

I am curious at how so many "new" Chinese are in Toronto these days. Immigration seems to have been curtailed, according to the new regulations. Although, the various immigration determiners have been saying that they are accepting "skilled" Chinese. We are in a recession, so how do these leaders expect the situation to improve if more people are added to the job stream?

I think they are thinking "ahead." There is talk of natural gas reservoirs around Canada; the recession getting better. In this scenario, fired or laid-off workers will need to be accessed. But, cheap labor is quite possibly part of the answer. And who better than Chinese workers, who already work in slave conditions in their country's factories, to fill in these gaps left by laid off workers? They won't complain (they could get their immigration papers stalled); they will work long hours; they will "listen" to the boss; and they are better workers than Somali refugees.

Such is, I believe, the evil scheme of these leaders.

A family member said regarding my interaction: "Don't underestimate people."

I'm not sure what that means other than it was in reference to an earlier conversation where I said: "Don't underestimate Western civilization."

I also think it means that one of these people I confront will turn around and start a fight.

I said something to the effect: "It is better to fight for what you have than let some crass culture come and take it over. That is exactly what Muslims are doing. The Chinese appear to be better, but ultimately, all they can give us is more of what they left behind. I don't want that, nor will I accept it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------