About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Straus Park Poinsettias


Straus Park Memorial, "Memory"
[Photo by KPA: December 2013]


This is the third time I've been to Straus Park.

The first time I went, it was with Larry Auster in August in 2012, who lived in the neighborhood and suggested the park as a meeting place. I wrote about my first visit:
The anonymous person I was with, going through my tablet, was Larry Auster. We met in the park (on his suggestion) on our way to other bigger New York landmarks, but I would have never found this lovely place had he not told me about it.
At the second visit, I took more photographs. It was late August, and the trees and surrounding plants were in full summer bloom.

This time, it was in winter, at Christmas. Some of the shrubs were a brownish hue, but there was a surprising burst of green framing the sculpture's head.

Someone had put a wreath white poinsettias around the shoulders of the sculpture honoring the Christmas season.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------