About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Monday, February 3, 2014

First-time Publisher


Cover Design and Photo by Kidist Paulos Asrat

I sent the following email to a publisher, whose reputation I discerned from having published a recent book of someone I esteem.

I got back a positive reply.

If anyone has any publisher that would be interested in the kind of book I'm preparing (have been preparing), please let me know at: cameralucidas@yahoo.com.
To whom it may concern,

I am writing a book titled Reclaiming Beauty.

Its premise is that we have been given a world of beauty by God, who is the pre-eminent lover of beauty, and who has told us to make the world more beautiful.

My book explores beauty, historically, culturally, artistically, and through a religious (Christian) lens. My thesis is that we have veered far away from God's desires, especially in the 20th and now the 21st century.

But, I conclude that it is not too late. And that with faith, and our own creativity, we can revive and reclaim beauty.

One way I propose is to start a "beauty movement" which the book can be a reference to, and which can continue online at Reclaiming Beauty, and beyond in communities around the country.

Please let me know how, as a first time writer, I can have my book published.

Here are:
- My resume
- My website: Reclaiming Beauty
- The outline of my book's chapters
- My proposal for a beauty movement

Thank you,
Kidist Paulos Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat