About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Friday, November 21, 2014

Commenting on Commenters

I've shortened my post Truth Doesn't Have To Be Palatable to this version below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I commented on an Asian immigrant’s response to Laura Wood’s post at The Thinking Housewife on Obama’s plans to give amnesty to border-crossing Mexicans.
Asian Immigrant commenting on The Thinking Housewife
I feel a sense of helpless dread after reading that five million illegals are going to be given legal status next week at the stroke of a pen. I am a new citizen who did everything correctly.
- My answer at The Thinking Housewife (portions):
-  I don’t have much sympathy for the Asian...
- He sounds like he’s sorry for himself. He’s put himself in the victim’s role. It was he who made the difficult and risky decision of leaving his country to come to the U.S. and try his luck. No one pulled him here.
- ...he seems to be saying that because he “did everything correctly” he is owed something. Why?
- Lawrence Auster talked [and wrote] about the perils of LEGAL immigration.  That if people came from backgrounds and cultures incompatible with the Western, Judeo-Christian, American culture, then they will feel alienated.
- All Asians know how CULTURALLY different the U.S. (and Canada and Europe) is [from their countries].
The whole post, and interaction, is available here.
The interesting thing is that the Asian immigrant has remained silent, and instead it is another correspondent who has responded to my comments.
I will refer to the correspondent, David J. as DJ (how apt, he is the deejay for the AI). Below are his comments, and my response (here on my website).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David J. (DJ)
For quite some time, I have tried to hold my proverbial tongue about the opinions of Ms. Kidist Paulos Asrat concerning Asians, but her post above is about all that I can take of her seemingly undeserved criticisms of this human group. Firstly, how can such a short, innocuous, and commonsensical comment made by a lone Asian reader warrant such a lengthy diatribe by Ms. Asrat, an Ethiopian immigrant in Canada? The Asian reader has dutifully obeyed our immigration laws and is disheartened that admitted lawbreakers will unjustly receive the same reward of American citizenship as he. Were he white or Hispanic, would Ms. Asrat have taken him to task for such a simple expression of despair over an obvious injustice?
Here is my response:
- Since when have short sentences been given full amenity over harm and stupidity?  
- He is saying that because I am an immigrant (his definition of me), then I have no right to criticize other immigrants. 
- He underlines “Ethiopian” as well. This is clearly a reference to “race” as in non-whites cannot criticize other non-whites.
- Just because the Asian has followed the immigration laws doesn't give him a free ticket into America. 
- I think DJ's cleverly saying that I am racist towards Asians. 
- I have always called myself Canadian, and never refer to my Ethiopian background except when the conversation requires it.  
DJ continues with a post I wrote about a year ago about swimwear designer Jessica Rey:
Further, I have read her unreasonable criticisms of an Asian Christian woman named Jessica Rey. What are Mrs. Rey’s wrongs? She sells relatively modest swimsuits (are such not needed to combat the whorish swimwear of today or should women avoid the water entirely?).
DJ continues:
[Rye] runs her own business, even though she has a husband and children (did not the Bible’s model of a virtuous woman in Proverbs 31 diligently work to sell linens and handle commercial affairs while simultaneously fulfilling her wifely obligations to her family?)
KPA:  
[Rey's] not selling linens, she’s selling glorified underwear! 
A commenter at Laura Wood's The Thinking Housewife wrote about a year ago responding to my comments on Rey's swimwear:
[Rey's] whole “modesty” schtick seems to be more of a marketing ploy rather than a true interest in modesty and reclaiming beauty.
DJ continues:
If I remember correctly, Mrs. Rey posed while pregnant in a tank top with her husband on a website...
I respond:
So much for modesty - showing her protruding stomach in a “tank top.”










-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------