About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cause Célèbre!


Does this look like a Cause Celebre to you?

An email I sent to a correspondent:
Dear...

[H]ere is an email I sent to Michael Coren, who has written a new book titled Hatred: Islam's War on Christianity, and whose lecture I attended last week at the Jewish Defense League. I wrote this reply to his email after he told me to say he cannot find any way to have me on his nightly show.

I gave him good reviews [here and here] for his book at my website, since I didn't want to pick too much at the details.

But, unfortunately, he is of the same ilk as Robert Spencer, Jamie Glasov, David Horowitz, et al. The Islam apologists/Islam destroyers, who never quite took it seriously enough to take what the Koran said as what Muslims really do believe, and who would say things like "destroy radical Islam."

It was a long shot, trying to contact Coren, and perhaps to guage if he really can go the distance with Islam, conservatism, etc, since I really do need supporters here in Canada, and links to publishers. But, it looks like I will have to keep focused on what I'm doing, and doing it as authentically as possible.

Best,

Kidist
Correspondent:
I don't know much about this Coren fellow, but much of what drives commercial broadcasting, Tv, and print, is very specific and needs to fit their niche and attract viewers. Perhaps you're viewed as not controversial enough, or too controversial, or too-much-this-and-not-enough-that. It's hard to know. You're not famous and controversial, two things which can help drive media attention. But do keep plugging away. Recall those authors who submitted their book to 30 publishers and were turned down by all, and then one publisher picks it up and has some success. Persistence pays off. Your follow up to Coren is very good. Maybe you could get yourself arrested, or something, to drive some media attention. Just kidding. It is difficult to penetrate the media barrier....
Kidist:
I think I'm TOO nice and proper! When I breach out of that, people are actually surprised. Even Laura (of The Thinking Housewife) once said to me that I was full of surprises, and someone else said (it was actually at Jim's (Kalb) dinner) that I don't look like my blog...

Yes, I will start to be difficult, obnoxious etc. I thought of reporting Coren for "racism" or better "discrimination" or something. He is discriminating against me because I dare to say that Islam has no place in Canada. He daren't have me say what I think we should do about that (i.e. present Larry's carefully outlined program for how to deal with immigration and Muslims, and Islam). Coren has all kinds of other "minority" groups on his show. How about an Ethiopian, Christian, Westerner!!! I will send an email to that Jamie Glasov of Horowitz and Frontpage Magazine, and other pseudo conservative sites which Coren idolizes.

Now that I'm over the disappointment, I will just "have fun," as the saying goes. And keep on plugging.
And here, my correspondent goes through my email, giving his views, and advice:

KPA:
I think I'm TOO nice and proper!
Correspondent:
You do come across as being nice and proper, and a fine thing it is, too, in our liberal culture of abrasive and improper women. I wouldn't like to see you as yet another loud-mouthed, obnoxious chick. A proper conservative man, in a proper conservative society, would properly deplore that. But then, this is hardly a proper conservative society. And then, there was Joan of Arc. And I think Phyliss Schlafly is a fine model of a woman who stands up for civilized values against the rising tide of liberation.
KPA:
When I breach out of that, people are actually surprised. Even Laura [of the Thinking Housewife] once said to me that I was full of surprises, and someone else said (it was actually at Jim's [Kalb] dinner) that I don't look like my blog...
Yes, I will start to be difficult, obnoxious etc.
Correspondent:
I think you can be effective without having an obnoxious manner. Larry was a good example of that. He always (well, almost always) said what he had to say in a calm, deliberate voice, reasonable, factual, and with great conviction.
KPA:
I thought of reporting Coren for "racism" or better "discrimination" or something. He is discriminating against me because I dare to say that Islam has no place in Canada.
Correspondent:
We shouldn't try to use illegitimate leftist arguments like "discrimination" against our opponents. It would look like a cynical ploy.
KPA:
He daren't have me say what I think we should do about that (i.e. present Larry's carefully outlined program for how to deal with immigration and Muslims, and Islam). Coren has all kinds of other "minority" groups on his show. How about an Ethiopian, Christian, Westerner!!! I will send an email to that Jamie Glasov of Horowitz and Frontpage Magazine, and other pseudo conservative sites which Coren idolizes.
Correspondent:
You're at the place Larry arrived at long ago -- the greatest obstacle to defeating liberalism is our own so-called-conservatives, who accept liberal principles like diversity and non-discrimination and merely try to ameliorate the worst symptoms rather than opposing liberalism on fundamental ground.
KPA:
Now that I'm over the disappointment, I will just "have fun," as the saying goes. And keep on plugging.
Correspondent:
You do have the unique advantage of being a non-Westerner, and a woman, who opposes liberalism. We tend to feel guilty when one of our own, a white man, tries to defend us. But people will be more open to listening when one of the "other" -- a chick! an Ethiopian chick!! -- says non-liberal things. Say it in a quiet, yet firm voice of conviction -- "you so-called-conservative leaders are one of the reasons we're losing". Unfortunately, you'll find the liberals are especially hate-filled towards anyone they perceive to be one of "their own" (and that includes Ethiopian chicks) who goes off the reservation and starts denouncing them and their false religion. It really gets under their skin. Oh, you could get yourself arrested on hate charges, don't you think, in Canada?
KPA:
Agreed, 100%.

Thanks for the reality check.

Getting arrested in Canada for hate charges? The sheer confusion would just kill everyone!
Correspondent:
"The sheer confusion would just kill everyone!"

Yeah, and you'd probably get a lot more hits at your blog! And then Coren and the rest would be falling all over themselves to get you on their shows. Asrat, La Cause Celebre!
:-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------