About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Thursday, January 8, 2015

"I couldn’t give a damn if you offend my religion!"

A Muslim would never say this. Trust a Christian to do so. This is what Michael Coren says in an interview here on his book Hatred: Islam's War on Christianity:
LOPEZ: People understandably don’t want to offend people and their religion. Is that the wrong way to be looking at things?

COREN: Why? Why, why, why? I couldn’t give a damn if you offend my religion! I am a Catholic and my beliefs are far too strong to be damaged by some cartoon or joke or argument in a book. This fatuous modern notion of “being offended” is a moan, an annoying weep. I am offended, therefore I am. If you don’t like something, don’t read it or watch it. We are not made of glass and we won’t break. All I ask for is an even playing field. What happens now is that it’s fine to offend Christians but not to offend other religions. We have to be careful here. What matters in a healthy democracy is not the protection of feelings but the right to speak one’s mind. Remember, it’s the Left who tend to complain about being offended while habitually abusing the Right.
This is false and wrong. How can anyone stand by and let something sacred to him be desecrated? I have a whole section on "Desecration" in Reclaiming Beauty, where I discuss various artistic attempts at destroying that which is beautiful, and Godly.

In the modern West, we are all to be equal offenders and equally offended: Christians, Muslims, Jews, and so on. But the reality is that very few cultures are willing to allow their sacred things to be tarnished, and least of all by outsiders. That is why Muslims behave the way they do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------