About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Monday, January 5, 2015

Clicking Through the Year


[Photo By: KPA]
(Probably my first photograph of 2015)


I keep meaning to write about my (relatively) new camera that I replaced this with, which I understand is no longer being manufactured. I tried to have it fixed, and was told that this Canon Camedia C-750 had been discontinued, and that I was better off getting a new one. I had that digital camera for about ten years, and it was perfect for my web-centered activities, where I could simply download the images onto my computer.

I bought my (now not so new) digital camera about a year ago, which I got for about 1/3 the price. The trick was that a "new" version was coming out, and the stores had to get rid of their "old" ones by dramatically reducing the price.

Here is the camera, and the complicated functions (I really do stick to a few that work for me. I have no time for experimentation as I am taking that elusive shot).
- Canon's powerful 30x Optical Zoom and 24mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake so you achieve brilliant images whether you are up close or far away.
- 16.0 Megapixel sensor and Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor deliver stunning quality images.
- Capture breathtaking 720p HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD with 461,000 dots enables easy viewing.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations to ensure the best possible image capture for stills or video.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for shake-free images in a wide variety of conditions.
- Enhanced Zoom Framing Assist button aids in tracking and capturing subjects during super telephoto photography.
- High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed so you capture every shot with ease.
[More detailed information available at USACanon.com]
Here is more information, explained a little simpler:
The Canon PowerShot SX500 IS is a super-zoom bridge type camera that sports a 30x, 24mm wide-angle zoom, lens, 16 megapixel resolution, 3 inch LCD screen, 720p movies, full manual controls and a Digic 4 processor. Other standout features include a Smart Auto mode that detects 32 scenes, ISO 100-1600, Zoom Framing Assist, and a range of Creative Filters. [Source: Photography Blog]
I really only use a few of the camera's functions regularly, although I've worked through all of them.

What the Canon PowerShot SX500 IS looks like:





This camera is tiny. I have small hands, with small wrists, so heavy things are really not my choice. Some-one made this just perfect for my specifications.



My photography blog Kidist P. Asrat Photographs is older than my (new) camera, so the best place to see the photographs I've taken with the Canon Powershot SX 500 IS is at my photo blog: New York Reflections.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------