About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Race Resolution

Laura Wood, at the Thinking Housewife, has a correspondent who wrote her saying this:
I was an avid reader of View from the Right and appreciated the many insightful posts and essays by the late Lawrence Auster regarding Western civilization, Christianity, and race. However, the racial issues bothered me so that I occasionally inquired him concerning his ability to reconcile Christianity with race realism (or human biodiversity, as I like to call it). To his credit, Mr. Auster posted some of my questions on VFR and thoughtfully responded to them...

My regret is that I never identified my race to him as I wanted to keep our exchanges as objective and impersonal as possible. In truth, I am a black man who has avidly studied race realism for at least ten years. The topic daily occupies my mind from the moment I awake until night falls.

Every day for over a decade. No exaggeration.
Another, non-anonymous, correspondent replies to this anonymous reader/writer:
Man, poor man!! From the moment you’re awake until night falls? How can you be thinking that it’s your duty to carry the weight of the whole race on your shoulders? As a Christian, you of all people should understand Who is and who isn’t capable of of bearing such a burden. And if my reading is correct, even He balked at the task. Cut it out!!
Coincidentally, this was what I was saying to Ying Ma and her life-long, and quite certainly daily, preoccupation with her race in my post Chinese Woman Still in the Ghetto.

I think this perpetual, and perennial, identification by non-whites with their race is dangerous for America (and Canada). If such people cannot find any points of interaction between the predominant white and Western culture in which they live and their own racial and cultural background, there is something very wrong.

The anonymous black writer, in many ways, has no choice. America is his land. It was Lawrence Auster, with whom I corresponded with full disclosure of my name and background, who clarified these difficult dilemmas. He said that America is a country based on white culture and white dominance (not in the white supremacist manner, but through leadership). Throughout the centuries, Americans have made great efforts to right the wrongs of slavery, and have given blacks what their counterparts in other black countries can never have.

The difficult burden that is the fate of American blacks is to accept this historical fact and reality, and to live in America with its white and Western focus. They don't have to love it, but they can respect and accept it.

Ying Ma's story is very different from this anonymous black's. Her family willingly came to America, and according to excerpts from her book, this was less a political decision than an economic one. They wanted the goods that America could provide for them and their children. And Ma did excel, entering all the big schools, and acquiring her achievements with distinction.

Yet, she cannot remove China from her thoughts and activities. I can understand this. And I think it is natural, and even right. But she is doing it in the wrong place.

I've been writing for a couple of years now that immigrants (and children of immigrants, although Ma qualifies as a first generation immigrant) who cannot adapt to Western life, and whose constant thoughts are about their "race" should simply return to their countries.

China is now boasting that it is a developed country, with a large and prosperous middle class. Life is much easier now than when Ma lived there. Rather than live with this dual ambiguity, but with the bias slanted toward China, returning to her original country might be the best move she can make.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------