About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Saturday, July 27, 2013

To the Waterfront!

A couple of days ago, I walked several blocks down Yonge Street to get to the waterfront, or to Harbourfront, as it is known in Toronto. I took my camera, since it was a beautiful, sunny summer's day, and I was sure I would find somethings to capture along the way.

Here is my route, in pictures:




Black-eyed Susans behind The Royal York Hotel


The Royal York Hotel
Built in 1929 by architects Ross and MacDonald



Detail of the Royal York Hotel facade
On the Front Street entrance
Across from Union Station



Interior of Union Station, archway with lamp


The Guastavino tiles of Union Station's ceiling


Maple Leaf Chair in the Harbourfront Centre


Tugboat on Lake Ontario
I was sitting on a bench in front of the lake, eating a sandwich for lunch, and watching the tugboats on the lake. A large seagull waddled up before me, wanting a share of my vittles. I shooed it away. No effect. It was a bold, and emboldened, creature. I ignored it and the intruder left on its own will.

I continued to watch the tugboats maneuvering on the lake.
[All Photos By: Kidist P. Asrat]


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------