About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Cross With the Pearl


Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
— Matthew 13:45-46, King James Version
My pearl is worth very little (it is not the perfect round pearl that one adds to a string of pearls. But, I like it's oval shape, and it stands out amongst the diamonds and rubies. I found this tiny gold-plated cross at some accessory store (it came with other cumbersome large crosses), and I'm did not have to sell all that I had to buy it. But, for some reason, without knowing these verses from the New Testament, I decided to wear the pearl and the cross together.

I will say, though, that the chain is gold, 14kt according to the label.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------