About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Saturday, July 26, 2014

At The Cloisters: Summer 2014 Edition

I've been to the Cloisters in New York numerous times. Each time, I never tire of taking photographs of the building, and the sparkling Hudson. The New Jersey Palisades are a formidable view while I have my packed lunch perched on one of the walls surrounding the compound. The M4 Bus looks like it was planned just for me, taking me from doorstep to doorstep, which no car, with the lengthy walk to the parking lot, could offer.

Below are the photos I took of my last visit. It was quiet, even though I went on a Sunday, and at the peak visiting season, in July.

Across on the New Jersey Palisades, on the Englewood Cliffs, is St. Peter's University, a Jesuit institution. It seems proper that the Cloisters should have this view.


The Hudson River








George Washington Bridge, on the Hudson


The New Jersey Palisades, across the Hudson




This looks like a purple finch. It was adamantly fending us off, with its noisy chirping.


The New Jersey Palisades


Saint Peter's University, Hudson Terrace, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey


Flowers in the Bonnefont Herb Garden








The Bonnefont Herb Garden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------