About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Night Magic


Fireflies in the Woods

My visit in the Philadelphia suburbs was graced with, among other things, evenings of firefly magic.

The above photo is what I found on the internet. I wish I had tried to take a photograph of these night magicians. But, sometimes it is better to let our memories furnish our imagination. I can still see the tiny glows of light sprinkled around the darkened trees. I wondered where fireflies went during the day, and if they also came out during the day, and we just couldn't see them becuase of the competeting brightness of daylight. Here are some answers to my questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------