About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christ the King: Reclaiming Beauty


Cristo Rei Portuguese Catholic Church, in Mississauga
[Photo By: KPA]


This is what I saw, for a brief ten or fifteen minutes, outside my window this morning. I had just enough time to see it, decide to take a picture of it, and grab my camera. I even had to change some settings. And when ready to take the photograph, the SD (Secure Digital) card was not in place, so I had to grab it out of my laptop, and place it right-side into the camera! I would say this all took about 8-9 minutes. And the strip of light was still there, actually better than before. I took the shot in about 1 1/2 minutes. And about three minutes later, the strip of light had widened considerably, no longer clearly delineated. And a half hour later, the sky had become overcast.

I should add that this is how one reclaims beauty: To recognize its fleeting nature if left to the elements and our devices, and to find a way to make it permanent, either through art, or through daily searches (getting up early to see a sunrise, for example), and making it a part of our lives.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------