About.......Contact.......Society.....................

Friday, August 30, 2013

New York in a Week Part IV: Lake Cayuga

My long bus ride back to Toronto took longer than the ride to New York. For some reason, the bus went further upstate New York into Syracuse, and later Ithaca. We passed some Finger Lakes, and I was able to identify two (from the road signs): Lake Cayuga and Seneca Lake.

The bus traveled all along Lake Cayuga, which at first I thought was a river, but I soon realized, thanks to my tablet computer (people on the bus were unable to help), that it was Lake Cayuga. The bus drove by the top section of Seneca Lake, and which we saw for a much shorter duration.

Here is a shot I managed to take of Lake Cayuga:



And below is the route (or routes) the bus took to the final destination in Canada. The whole ride took about thirteen hours (the bus was an hour late in arriving), and I think part of that length was due to the ride into northern New York state.









This is the final installment of my trip to New York City.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Kidist P. Asrat
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------